Sunday, September 2, 2012

Blogging for Compassion

Well, I have jumped on the September Blog Month bandwagon. There are lots of prizes, none of which I will win :) but the main goal is to have 3,108 children sponsored during the month of September! I am sure we can do it! There are some awesome bloggers out there. Make sure that you click on the Compassion International banner on any of our sites before you chose a child that you want to sponsor.

If you have not noticed, I have a heart for the older children - the young men and women that will be shortly graduating out of the Compassion program. Too many of them will be finishing up their last couple of years without the encouraging words of a loving sponsor. So, please, consider sponsoring an older child! They are usually incredible letter writers and often times will be only a short time commitment.

So, for now, I have 19 sponsored children and 3 correspondence boys. Of those, 15 of them are teenagers! I love my little kidlets.. especially my little Georgette, who was the first child that I sponsored, but the teens have a special spot in my heart. I may not have them very long, but I will love them and support them with encouraging letters for as long as I do.. In the meantime I wait... I have received letters from 6 of them and have at least 2 more on the way. The rest will come in God's own timing!

1 comment:

  1. I love the fact that you sponsor a lot of older children, I have thought about this myself and if I am able to sponsor any more I will definitely choose an older child. Loving the blog btw and great to see all your kiddos down the side :)

    ReplyDelete