Monday, September 10, 2012

An Early Morning Letter to God

Good Morning God!

It is another beautiful morning here on the farm. The roosters are crowing as usual, letting me know that the sun is starting to peak over the horizon. Before long, the hens with their chicks will be roaming around adding their little cheeps to the morning chorus. Then of course, the horses will be letting me know its time to come outside and feed them. Till then, Lord, I'm enjoying this quiet time with you. Thank you for all the blessings you have given me!

Right now, I'm especially thinking of the 24 blessings you have laid upon my doorstep, so to speak. Thank you for each and every one of them, from the 20 year old young adults to the tiny 4 year old kidlets. What a crew! I love each and everyone of them! Lord, I have to admit, sometimes I think I went a little crazy having so many, but you have provided for the means for me to financially sponsor the ones that I do, plus the three "bonus" correspondence children. How can I thank you enough for putting them into my life? Having them has taught me to be even more diligent in my prayers, because much to my shame, I know I have let the everyday business of life overshadow my need to come to you and to talk with you just like I am doing now. Please forgive me Lord for not seeking you out more.

So, as I pray this morning for the health, safety and spiritual awakening of each of one of these precious children; please Lord, help me to remember that no matter if the mail box is empty, or if people think I have gone completely off my rocker in my old age, its not about me, its about Jhovie, Irene, Mary Paul, Beauplan, Ashley, Sangeetha, Suhasini, Jean Paul, Rubi, Janette, Samuel, Bo, Jeison, Divya, Rossy, Mariam, Janna, Grace, Elisa, Florien, Diluxana, Karolin, Anderson and last but not least, little Georgette!

Love, your daughter in Christ, Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment