Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Increasing my Territory, Jabez style...

"Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, 'Because I bore him in pain.' And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, 'Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain.' So God granted him what he requested" 

 (1 Chronicles 4:9-10) 

I believe that God is using Compassion so that I can "enlarge my territory" by being an influence to the children that I sponsor and their families. Well, yesterday and today my territory expanded yet again. I don't see how it can get any bigger, but God knows and he will provide!

Let me introduce you to the two newest members of my family. First, there is Samuel Pajari, a handsome young man from Bolivia. He is 17 years old and enjoys soccer, art and singing. 

And just sponsored this evening, is a lovely young woman named Mary Paul from India. Mary will be turning 20 in a few days, and that means I will only have her as part of the family for one year. I plan on making the most of that year that I possibly can! Mary enjoys singing, art and walking. She is attending college and her performance is above average!


God has blessed me indeed, and surely my territory has been expanded to a sphere of influence that I would have never expected at any time of my life. I am praying that God gives the now the ability to encourage and to influence these young people that are now a very important part of my life..

2 comments:

  1. I love your heart for older children! Welcome Samuel and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Donna, looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete