Saturday, October 20, 2012

To write, or not to write...

That is not the question at all! Of course I will continue writing each and everyone of my compassion kiddos.. if there is any question at all, it is how often!

I have heard how important letters are from the most important source of all, former compassion children. Each and every letter, even if it just a sort note like "Thinking and praying for you today.. " along with some tidbit about my daily routine. I may not think something is all that interesting, but some of the kids might think its funny that I get woken up every morning my a rooster crowing outside my window.. or some crazy thing my dog or cats did.

So, I write. The templates on the Compassion website are awesome! They make it so easy to write a nice, fairly short letter to the kids and attach up to three photos on it. And to top it off, no trips to the post office are required at all!

When I get letters from the kids, I put together a "care package" filled with crossword puzzles, coloring pages, stickers, etc etc. Lately I've been taking a 8.5x11 piece of cardstock and scrapbooking three photos or so onto it.. Hopefully it will be a little longer lasting that way. Then I write a personal reply letter and send the package merrily on its way to Colorado to begin its journey to the far reaches of the world.

Somewhere out there, according to Compassion, there are at least eight letters floating around in the postal system from Divya, Sangeetha and Suhasini in India; Cesia in Bolivia, and from Grace, Elisa and Florien in Rwanda. And so the cycle of letter writing continues..

No comments:

Post a Comment